Investment Markets Overview — W/E 22nd January 2016

As the rich and powerful met up in the Swiss ski resort Davos this week for the 3-day World Economic Forum, the UK based charity Oxfam, a 70-year old organisation working and campaigning in over 90 countries to reduce poverty, released their annual report aimed to coincide with the WEF, which states that 62 people now own as much wealth as half of the world’s population and that the world’s richest 1% now owns as much as the other 99%. The President of Oxfam America, Ray Offenheiser, goes on to say, “While such extreme inequality is bad for all of us, it’s the poorest among us who suffer the grimmest consequence,” but is this factually correct? And even if it is, a distribution of the top 1%’s wealth to the rest would result in everyone receiving just $US240, but at what cost? One could counter that it’s many of the world’s rich list, a large proportion who are self-made, are the job creators and innovators which at least adds to global economic growth versus “greedy government” and the myriad of bureaucratic organisations that surround it who, aside of acting as a “drag anchor” against economic growth, are swiftly moving from their socialistic ideals of wealth re-distribution to an all out command economy, better know as communism, a system that didn’t work too well over a long phase of the 20th century. The majority of the super-rich have their fortunes tied up within their corporations and, ironically, it’s been government and central bank policy, post the 2007 financial crisis, that has widened the gap between them and the poor as can be seen within a chart from the Oxfam report, which apparently originated at Credit Suisse (chart is within the subscriber’s version.)

22 Jan 2016

Subscribe to the Full Investment Markets Overview Newsletter which contains the following:-

Additional Commentaries:
•US economic data . . .
•Euro-Zone . . .
•The UK . . .
•Out East . . .
•The $US index . . .
•Within the commodities complex . . .
•Economic data due next week includes . . .

  Market volatility continued this week, as the major world stock-indices lurched ever lower for the first part of it before staging a two-day rally ……

Charts:
1.  Indices Weekly
2. US Existing Home Sales  V US House Price Inflation
3. E-Z GDP Revisions V UK & World GDP Revisions
4. China GDP V  China Retail Sales
5. Commodity YTD  Moves

Table:

13 Indices, 11 columns of detailed information, for accurate analysis

“If Debt is the road towards prosperity Zimbabwe would be a global leader.

Click Here to view Details of the full version of this Newsletter which includes full text and detailed

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: